Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Hooking: Crochet and Other Crafts



I've taken up crochet, which I've been developing over the last month or so. I find it is a really powerful anti-anxiety tool for myself, and it also keeps me from snacking on empty calories while watching TV. I also look forward to making homemade gifts, which mean so much to me because of the amount of time and thought and love invested into them.

The red and black garment is a scarf I made in Nebraska Husker colors, one of my first projects. I also made a sage-colored, ridged, skinny scarf, another one of my first projects, done in a bulkier yarn. I recently finished a lavender, purple, and white wide block scarf; and am currently working on the cranberry, hunter green, and green medley bulky yarn scarf. I also crocheted a pair of pot-holders with pockets for your hands.

The other two images are decorative wreaths. The black feathery one is a Halloween wreath made with two feather boas, Styrofoam circles, and plastic googly eyes. The other is a Thanksgiving wreath made with raffia, pieces of plastic wheat sheaves, crocheted pumpkins and a crocheted turkey.

All of the above items came from patterns I found on the internet or in books, some altered slightly to my tastes. I'm really enjoying my new hobby!














No comments:

Post a Comment